In the last twenty-four hours India registered more than 200,000 new cases, with 3K+ deaths, on a single day!
Watching some of the video clips, it was really horrifying to see and learn about people dying without enough oxygen, pyres burning everywhere, body bags lying on the streets, and see the faces of traumatized next of kin and the affected. And to think that it is another mutated strain is scary.
It is the fourth country to cross the 200,000 mark behind the United States, Brazil and Mexico.
All flights from Malaysia to India and back has been halted with immediate effect.
There is just so much damage done to the country as a whole, especially the people and the economy. I cannot imagine what the front-liners and the medical personnel are undergoing at this moment. It is just so sad. I saw clips of police personnel trying hard to dissuade people from congregating and disbursing gatherings for weddings, and other functions.
Here in Malaysia, the numbers are rising as well. In the last 24 hours there were 2.7K new cases, in spite of the strict initiatives taken by the Government.
It is best to follow the guidelines set by the relevant authorities to curb the rise in cases. The priority right now is to fight the spread of the virus. Even vaccinated people are not guaranteed safety from the infection.
- Stay away from crowded places,
- Don’t go out of your houses unless absolutely necessary.
- If you have symptoms of fever or cold, be mindful about infecting others.
- Wear your masks at all times.
- Wear gloves when shopping for essentials
- Keep children safe, away from red zones areas.
- Keep abreast of all information by the authorities and adhere to them.
- Safeguard the older folks who are easily infected.
- Sanitize your hands, wash thoroughly with soap and water
- Be clean, keep the environment clean,
- Best to eat home-cooked food.
- Work with the Government/authorities and follow all the instructions laid out by them. (I see people blatantly ignore their call for action),
This virus, unfortunately, is one that requires the commitment of each and every individual to fight its eradication.
DON’T THINK IT WILL ONLY HAPPEN TO THE NEXT PERSON AND DISREGARD THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL DISTANCING AND FOLLOWING STRICT GUIDELINES, EVERYONE ON THE PLANET IS THREATENED BY ITS PRESENCE.